Who isn’t easily distracted these days? There are so many things that demand our attention and it’s easy to loose focus. If you’re looking for ways to limit the distractions and to gain more focus here are 12 ways you can improve your focus.
- Stop Multi-tasking. As much as we all believe we’re good at multi-tasking, the truth is we really aren’t.
- Take Breaks.
- Exercise your mind and body
- Make time for rest- you go all the time, it’s not healthy. Make time for yourself to rest.
- Get plenty of sleep. Like with rest, our bodies are better when we get a good nights sleep. There is nothing beneficial that happens by cheating your body of it’s sleep.
- Meditate- this one is a struggle for me but I’m still working to be able to do this. There are plenty of apps that can help if you struggle like I do.
- Unplug for at least 15 minutes each day or more. Yes, get off the social media. We are so connected and everything around us is going 24/7 but we don’t have to do the same. Give yourself some time off social media. If you have an iPhone it has a time control that you can set to limit app use as shut your phone down at a certain time. I use it and I can honestly say I’m better for it. When I’m not using this control I’m a hot mess.
- Listen to music. No don’t listen to music and do work, just sit and listen to some music. If you feel like dancing well, you’re doing two things at the same time that help improve your focus.
- Cut the distractions. If you have a task you need to complete, remove everything that will hinder your focus.
- One thing at a time. This goes back to the first point in this post. We can’t do it all at once so just focus on one task and getting it done before moving to the next task.
- Eat Healthy. Look, I love gummy bears and cookies like the next person and I balance those by trying to eating healthy most of the time. You know your life and body and what works for you but a lot of sugary snacks or being fueled by caffeine isn’t good at keeping you focused long term.
- Focus on Small Goals or Action Steps.
Hopefully one or more of these tips will help you to improve your focus. Which of the tips above resonates with you? Leave me a comment and let me know and also tell me what you do to stay focused.