I had a different post planned for today but decided to skip it and share 25 random things about me.
1. I wanted to be a DJ or a Background Singer (OK so I still want to be a DJ)
2. I love cheese
3. My favorite color is pink
4. My favorite movies are: Persuasion (Masterpiece version), Coming to America, Love Jones, The Holiday and Love Actually
5. I use to write stories when I was little and read them to my parents (God bless them)
6. I think the Giraffe is my spirit animal
7. strawberries are my favorite fruit
9. I don’t drink coffee. I don’t like the taste of it.
10. One of my favorite books is the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
11. I have a fear of heights
12. I love meeting friends for brunch
13. I have one sister and I’m the oldest
14. I have A LOT of useless information hanging out in my head
15. I was born and raised in Colorado and I don’t ski
16. My favorite dessert is my Dad’s peach and berry cobbler. I keep telling him he should sell it. My 2nd favorite is my Mom’s cherry cheesecake
17. I taught 9th grade English for 3 years
18. I share a birthday with Julia Child
19. Growing up I’d always be asked “where’s Boris” because my name is Natasha or if I was a Russian Spy… sigh
20. Because of #19 I wanted to change my name. When I shared this with my Mom, she said if I still didn’t like my name by the time I was 18, I could change it. Of course I grew to love my name and didn’t change it.
21. I’m a child of the 80’s (yep with all the acid washed, charm necklaces, John Hughes movies and jellies you can handle)
22. I started running about a year ago and thought I’d hate it but I love it.
23. snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie
24. I hate doing dishes (of course I do them, but I don’t like it)
25. I don’t like Horror movies
Well that’s it everyone. More than you could ever want to know about me. If you haven’t had enough of me yet. I also did an interview with Charlotte blogger Christine of Queen in the Queen City for her QC Placemakers Series. It’s my first interview/podcast and I’m convinced I rambled through most of it but I also think I had a few gems to share too. Check it out!