In the last post I shared the benefits of positive thinking which is great but if you don’t know the best ways to start replacing the negative, worried or anxious thoughts with positive ones then those benefits don’t really mean much. Well, today’s post is about sharing the 7 ways you can start to practice thinking positively.
- Say some affirmations – I keep post it notes with affirmations, scriptures and quotes on my bathroom mirror and I read them in the morning. Starting off your morning with some positive words is a great way to start out the day. Now I will say, some days I don’t always feel the affirmations or quotes but I read them and it can shift my demeanor.
- Practice Gratitude – daily gratitude helps us to see all the good in our lives. It allows us to spend some time reviewing the day and seeing the people, places and things that are in our life and how much of a blessing it is that they are there.
- Embrace the Lessons – when something bad happens it’s easy to moan and groan and sing “woe is me”. The next time you experience a challenge or failure think about what lesson you need to learn from the experience. Life is going to happen and there will be ups and downs and the experiences you have are to make you stronger and to teach you something. Embrace the good and bad and you will start to see how even when everything is falling apart beauty can come from those ashes.
- Take it One Day at a Time – When we’re consumed by our past or worried about the future it’s easy for that to shift our thoughts. When we’re present and in the moment it eliminates a lot of the “things” that can easy shift us from positive to negative.
- Hang around positive people – Check your friends. The people you follow on social media and yes even family. Do they inspire you or suck your energy? If they suck your energy eliminate and limit the time you spend around them
- Create a playlist– Music is a great way to pull us out of our thoughts and moods. Create a playlist that inspires you and makes you feel good. I have a playlist I play when I’m stressed, worried or scared. It’s a mix of gospel, inspirational and other songs that set my soul at ease. This playlist also helps me to refocus from the stress or other negativity.
- Move your Body– There are a lot more benefits to working out that go beyond just our health. By moving our bodies we create endorphins and those endorphins make us happy and when we’re happy we see all the good things.
When it comes to practicing positivity in your daily life, there are so many ways this can be done that are simple and easy to start. I hope this list offers some inspiration to you.