“I need a jump start my morning routine”
These are the words I said to myself a few weeks ago realizing that this “Let’s Wing It!” morning routine I was doing was not working.
- I was going to sleep WAY too late which made waking up hard (hello snooze button)
- I would spend A LOT of time trying to figure out what I was wearing every morning
- I was only doing my morning meditation of journaling and daily devotion when I had time.
- I was ALWAYS leaving my house late
I knew something had to give. Even though I had a morning routine, that I was doing and it worked perfectly for me, I allowed myself to get lax at the start of the Summer and well, here I am… winging it. If you feel like you need to get back on track with your morning routine like me, here are some quick tips to get you started.
- Break NEW habits— I had formed some bad habits that I needed to let go of first. Like changing my bed time to go to bed earlier. Planning out what I was wearing and eating the night before. Getting back in the rhythm of this routine was going to take some time.
- Don’t do it all at once — Start small. Slowing get yourself back into your routine by adding new elements each day. I found it wasn’t easy just getting back into my routine mainly because of the first step.
- Make some changes— Sometimes we stop doing something because it’s not working. Look at your morning routine and decide what works for you and what doesn’t as you’re add elements of your routine back into your morning. One thing I learned… I was doing WAY too much in the morning and decided to reduce what I did in the morning to gave me a great start to my day.
More than anything, give yourself some grace–Always. There are going to be days you fall back into those old habits and you need to give yourself grace when that happens. We’re all human so don’t worry if you don’t follow your morning routine exactly.
Do you have a morning routine? Let me know in the comments if you do or you don’t and if you’re up to sharing some of the things you do in the morning before you start your day, I’d love to know about them.