Like my words for the year, my goals are broken up into business and personal. I’ve been doing this for a couple years but what I noticed is that I’d kill it with my personal goals and I’d fall off on my business goals and vice versa. This year, I wanted to separate my goals so I’m sharing my top 3 business and personal goals with you. Primarily to to keep me accountable. So here it goes….
- Be intentional with Work/Life Balance — I know the concept of work/life balance feels like a myth but what I’m hoping to do is be intentional with when I schedule work and meet deadlines so the work and my life doesn’t impede on the other. I also wanted to give myself grace for times of the year when life will be busy so that work doesn’t suffer. I’d like to be more mindful.
- Send a monthly newsletter out every month this year— When it comes to the Newsletter, I’ve posted but not on a consistent basis. My goal this year is to share a newsletter with you every month. If you’re already signed up to receive the monthly newsletter— thank you! If you aren’t signed up you can sign up here I have a year of content planned so don’t miss out!
- Say No so I can say Yes — I’ve had a steady mix of business between the shop and custom design work. While I’ve reduced my custom design business, in 2020 I want to cut that side of the business down even more so that I can focus on developing products. While custom work is fun and I enjoy it, it’s hindering my ability to be able to create products that I want to add to the shop.
- I want to learn some new crafts— I love creating and love doing something new and learning a new skill. In the past I’ve learned to make necklaces, calligraphy, crochet etc. I’d like to find a hobby and learn a new skill. Plus, learning something new can not only teach me something new but I also learn a lot about myself.
- Building a healthy lifestyle— I started this goal in 2019 and did pretty well but wanted to keep going and set some new goals and intentions. This year I want to focus on my diet. I also want to work on changing up my workouts too.
- Get Organized– I make this goal every year and fail at this goal every year. I hope this year is different because at the end of 2019, I started organizing, purging and giving things away. I’ve been going through my closet, clearing out my office and those random spaces to do a deep purge of my home. Keeping my fingers crossed on this year being my year.
That’s it. I have a few more goals I want to achieve in 2020 but these are the top 6. What goals have you set for yourself in 2020? Let me know in the comments and let’s root for each other.